Member Newsletter 2 December 2021
We hope you are well and getting ready for the festive season. We have some great entertainment and activities arranged for you at the club during December and January. Please see below for the full list:
Do not forget to purchase your tickets for the Christmas meat draw and the grand Christmas draw, to be drawn on the 17th and 19th of December.
Pauls Pantry have taken over the catering franchise. The menu includes sandwiches, snacks and Sunday lunch for which booking is essential.
We will be introducing a new lottery game called 'CHASE THE ACE' in mid January, keep an eye on the notice board for further details.
On behalf of the staff and the committee, we would like to wish all of our members and their families a very Merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous 2022.
SAT 04-12-21 SOLID GOLD (Note this is not an open night)
SUN O5-12-21 CHRISTMAS BINGO
TUE 07-12-21 POLICE CHOIR
SAT 11-12-21 SIMON REES
SUN 12-12-21 CADBURY GARDEN CENTER COACH TRIP
FRID 17-12-21 CHRISTMAS MEAT DRAW
SAT 18-12 21 NEIL DIAMOND (STEVE PARR)
SUN 19-12-21 CHRISTMAS GRAND DRAW
WED 22-12-21 CHRISTMAS QUIZ NIGHT
FRI 24 -12 21 PAUL SYLVESTER
WED 5-01-2022 QUIZ NIGHT
SAT 8-01-2022 TOBY GRAHAM
SUN 9-01-2022 BINGO
WED 12-01-2022 SKITTLES NIGHT
SAT 15-01-2022 VINYL AVENGERS
WED 19-01-2022 QUIZ NIGHT
SAT 22-01-2022 ANDY OAKLEY
SUN 23-01-2022 BINGO
TUES 25-01-2022 BURNS NIGHT( KEITH METCALFE)
WED 26-01-2022 TBC
SAT 29-01-2022 KEITH BRETT
Member Newsletter 15 September 2021
We are sorry to inform you that ABL Catering have decided to end their franchise arrangement with Babbacombe & St Marychurch Conservative Club. They gave notice on the evening of Sunday 13 of September 2021, to leave with immediate effect.
We will endeavour to provide alternative catering arrangements as soon as possible, but due to the lack of notice this could take some time.
We wish to thank Andy and his team for their service, over what has been a very difficult period and wish them all the best for the future.
Member Newsletter March 2021
We are pleased to be planning the reopening of the club at last! We are hoping to be open for business on the 17th of May and look forward to welcoming our members.
Although we tried our best to offer an outdoor service (which would have allowed us to open a little sooner) we cannot rely on the Great British weather to deliver sunshine without all the showers in April.
To be able to join us from May 17th onwards you will need to make sure that you have paid your membership fees for 2021. There are a number of ways you can do this, these are listed here. We would like to thank those of you who have already done so.
The opening hours from 17/05/2021 until the 20/06/2021 inclusive are;
Monday 11:30 to 20:00
Tuesday 11:30 to 20:00
Wednesday 11:30 to 20:00 ( 23:00 on a quiz /social night) Fortnightly starting 19/05/2021
Thursday 11:30 to 20:00
Friday 11:30 to 23:00
Saturday 11:30 to 23:00
Sunday 11:30 to 20:00 ( 22:00 on a bingo night) Fortnightly starting 23/05/2021
Last orders will be 20 minutes before closure ( to allow for table service) and drinking up time 10 minutes past.
Although some COVID restrictions are likely be eased on the 17 May, most will remain and as a club we will need to comply with them.
1) Rule of six outside will cease ( Up to a max of 30)
2) Rule of six indoors or two bubbles (you must be seated)
3) Two metre rule will apply indoors, we will do our best to mark this out, but do require your help to manage it. For this reason please do not move the chairs.
4) Masks will need to be worn at all times, unless seated.
5) Table service only ( no service at the bar). Please be patient with our staff, they will be doing their best to serve you, whilst protecting you and themselves.
6) Payment to be by card where possible.
7) You must register upon entry ( record your details in the log or scan the QR code)
8) Use hand sanitizer upon entry and exit from the club, and after visiting the toilet.
9) To comply with the regulations numbers will be restricted. If there is a queue outside please remain socially distanced.
10) When using the gaming machines please sanitise your hands and the machines before and after use, with the gel and wipes provided.
11) Additional rules will apply for the snooker room.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ALL OF THE ABOVE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE IN LINE WTH GOVERMENT GUIDELINES
We are currently working on our plans for 21/06/2021 onwards and will update you, as we get nearer the time.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the club soon.
If you have any questions about re-opening, please email the club secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the club website for details of the upcoming quiz and bingo nights.